LAPGEAR Home Office Lap Desk with Device Ledge, Mouse Pad, and Phone Holder - Silver Carbon - Fits up to 15.6 Inch Laptops - Style No. 91585.

 Spacious Design: Measuring 21.1" wide and 12" deep, our lap desk comfortably fits most laptops up to 15.6". Extra room for accessories ensures convenience.Enhanced Functionality: Packed with handy features, including a 5x9" precision tracking mouse pad and a built-in phone slot for seamless work or video calls.Cool Comfort: Enjoy a stable surface with our lap desk's dual bolster cushion, designed for comfort and airflow, keeping your lap cool during extended use.Durable Surface: Work with confidence on our lap desk's solid surface, featuring a silver carbon color, ensuring optimal air circulation to prevent your laptop from overheating. On-the-Go Convenience: With an integrated handle and lightweight design (2.14 lbs), our lap desk is portable for travel or moving around the house, offering flexibility in any space.

Brand LapGear

Material Vinyl, Fabric

Product Dimensions 12"D x 21.1"W x 2.6"H

Color Silver Carbon

Special Feature Portable, Lap cushion, Carry Handle, Built-In Mouse Pad, Multifunctional Slot.


Step away from the traditional desk and experience the LapGear Home Office Lap Desk. Find the most comfortable seat in the house or a sunny spot on the porch for a change of scenery during your workday. The Home Office Lap Desk is the modern solution to the age-old challenge of finding the perfect desk.
I picked up the new Acer Predator Helios 300 about a week ago. I had bought a cooling pad and was using that but I wanted something a little more comfortable for when I'm on the couch and whatnot. I was also hoping for something that could hold my mouse as well (I'm 30 years old which I know is super old, right? and my mouse wrist gets very sore after a long gaming session if it is not positioned correctly.) I spent a decent amount of time looking at all the available lap desks on Amazon. Whenever I seek a product out on Amazon, I am usually surprised at all the different options and features that I need to pick and this purchase was no different. If you are currently reading this review, you probably know what I mean. Well, let me tell you, I am sooo happy I chose this one. 

To try and keep the rest of this review concise, I am going to list what I like about it in bullet point format. Normally, this would be more of a Pros/Cons list but I honestly can't think of any real Cons for this item. This lap desk is surprisingly light. My laptop is 5 pounds so I didn't want something that was going to add a ton of extra weight onto my lap and this lap desk seems to be the perfect weight.
Despite being light, it still feels very sturdy. I am sure the wood is some sort of particle board (I could be wrong but I don't think I am) but it still feels like it will hold up well. If I were to snap it over my knee, I am sure it would break but as long as it is not mistreated, I don't think it is going to fall apart. The bean/sand filled pads on the bottom are stitched well and the mouse pad area and the little stopper at the bottom that keeps your laptop from sliding down all seem to be well made. I have a 15.6" laptop and it fits absolutely perfect on the desk area. I was a little worried about the size of the mouse pad but for day to day stuff, it is definitely big enough. When gaming, I throw one of my gaming mouse pads (that has a wrist rest attached to it) on top of the inlaid mouse pad and that setup works really well for me. It hangs over the edge a little bit, but does not hinder the use of the mouse in any way.
I am also very happy with the thickness of the board that the laptop rests on. From looking at the pictures, I actually thought it would be thicker but was pleasantly surprised that it was nice and thin. I don't want a lot of extra height added because that would make it harder to type properly (gotta avoid that carpal tunnel syndrome!) It is not too thin, where I feel like it will break easily but not too thick either. I think they found a good balance between sturdiness and comfort. 



I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e phone and it is in a slightly bulky case and it fits vertically in the phone holder very well. It does not fit horizontally, unfortunately, but when I am playing a video or something like that, I just lay it in the phone holder a little askew and it is sufficient for my needs. I don't blame the company's design for this because if the holder were any larger, I think the entire lap desk would be too large and I am very happy with its current size.The bean/sand filled pads on the bottom are positioned well and extremely comfortable. Sometimes my laptop will be in my lap for hours at a time. I have been using this for about 5 days now and I have never felt like it was uncomfortable to use or that it was going to fall off my lap. It is easy to move around and reposition, if necessary.I also really like the handle at the top. It is nice little extra feature.Overall, I really think you will like this product. I am one of those people who spends a lot of time looking at my options and reading reviews, even for very basic stuff. After checking out, I usually get a little bit of anxiety until my package gets here because I really do not like having buyer's remorse. Amazon is really good about returns so it is not as big of a deal on Amazon as it is on some other sites but it is enough of a hassle to return something (finding a box, printing the label, going to the post office to drop it off, etc.) that I try to pick the right items the first time around. That is why I try to write reviews for items, especially ones that I like. People tend to only write reviews when something goes wrong and it can make it harder for other people to know if they should buy an item or not. So, I am just trying to do my part as an avid Amazon user to help other people make good buying decisions. I attached some photos with a pencil for scale. I hope you found this review to be helpful.
This review is for the silver carbon version of LAPGEAR's lap desk.
Pros:
-Very light weight
-Looks beautiful with my Chromebook and mouse
-After 1 month of daily use, the padding in the cushions remains plump and comfortable
-The phone slot is both practical and convenient
-Perfect size for my 13" laptop
Cons:
-The sliver carbon surface does not have any grip. My Chromebook slides forward if I have the lap desk even slightly elevated, which is almost always the case. There is a small plastic bar at the bottom of the tray, but it isn't tall enough to prevent my laptop, which has a curve on the underside, from sliding right over it. To prevent this I keep a small block of foam in front of the bar, as shown in my picture.
-Likewise, the mouse pad does not grip my mouse. If I'm not holding it and the desk is not tipped, the mouse slides right off the tray. To prevent this, I added a Gimar wrist pad. The pad has a rubber grip bottom and does a pretty good job of keeping my mouse on the desk while I'm typing. And, of course, the wrist pad also provides nice wrist support.
Conclusion:
I love this lap desk. It looks great and is both functional and comfortable. The slippery surfaces were easy to address. The wrist pad may have been something I might have added anyway. 4 1/2 stars.

I like the extra space for an external mouse and a place to hold my phone or tablet. It is comfortable on my lap. I also set it on my desk when I'm needing to use another monitor. The lap desk sets the laptop up higher to be more even with the other monitor. The product is well made. It is something I will use for a long time. Well worth the price.Definitely worth the money! I work and use this daily. The quality is so incredible! The extra size, the built in mouse pad, the little ledge that hold your laptop in place.. I cannot say enough about how much those small things make such a big difference / convenience!! I debated spending the money.. I am soooo glad I did!! It is soooo worth it!! One of the best purchases I’ve ever made!