OnePlus Open, 16GB RAM+512GB, Dual-SIM, Voyager Black, US Factory Unlocked Android Smartphone, 4805 mAh Battery, 67W Fast Charging, Hasselblad Camera, 120Hz Fluid Display.

Comes with 6 months of Google One and 3 months of Youtube Premium with purchase of OnePlus Open. (New accounts only for each service to qualify).Thin & Light Design: The OnePlus Open is the thinnest & lightest foldable in North America. With aerospace-grade materials & a custom Flexion hinge design, the OnePlus Open delivers a ergonomic user experience. With carbon fiber support structures & titanium alloy, the Open is as durable as it is premium. Comparison does not include flip-style foldable phones. Thinnest measurement excludes rear-facing camera.Premium Displays: OnePlus Open features a 6.31" exterior display & 7.82" foldable interior display. Experience a premium viewing experience with a near-invisible crease, Dolby Vision, & 10-bit color, & 2800 nits peak brightness. Multitasking: Take multitasking to the next level with Open Canvas, which allows instant app-switching & drag-and-drop functionality across apps. With our iconic OxygenOS design language, the OnePlus Open is fast & smooth across all scenarios - gaming, entertainment, working, and more.Camera: The OnePlus Open features a powerful triple camera array co-developed with Hasselblad. These include a primary 48MP primary lens, a 48MP ultra-wide, and a 64MP periscope zoom lens. Capture pro-grade portraits with natural bokeh & high color accuracy or shoot stories in Dolby Vision HDR format.I have to say, I was surprised by this phone. Being a loyal Samsung user for over the last decade, I was conflicted between choosing this or the Fold 5. Eventually choosing this phone due to the better screen ratios and for One Plus's (technically) first folding phone and my first One Plus phone. Wow. Just wow.

Brand OnePlus

Operating System Android 13.0

Ram Memory Installed Size 16 GB

Memory Storage Capacity 512 GB

Screen Size 7.82 Inches

Refresh Rate 120 Hz

Model Name OnePlus Open

Wireless Carrier Unlocked

Cellular Technology 5G.


I've had the phone for around 3 days now and so far I have gotten multiple compliments. And while I can not recommend the phone currently due to the admittedly high prices of folding smart phones. I plan on recommending it when it assumedly drops in price when the next generation releases.Perfect foldable screen aspect ratios.Unlike Samsung that insists on a thing outer folding screen in (an assumed) attempt to make people want to use the opened form of the phone. One plus instead offers a for normal outer screen. Not only meaning you can use it like a normal phone but also get a larger tablet from factor. Invisible Crease.When the screen is folded open the crease is probably the best currently on the market. Unable to be seen unless held at angles that you would never even think of looking at the phone at unless you wanted to see the crease.
Battery Life.So far I have only gotten below 50% battery after regular use of the phone in one day. That day being the first day I got the phone, when it arrived at 50% battery.Charging.This phone will charge FAST. I've put this charge at charge around 60% and came back 20-30 minutes later to see it fully charged.Now this is not a dig at Oxygen OS as it so far feels like a good skin on the great Android OS. But some apps act weird when swapping between open and closed modes. Stretch long or squishing. I don't know if this is because these apps have only focused on working well on screen sizes similar to the Galaxy Fold but it is an issue where I sometimes have to close out of apps when swapping between screens just to not deal with awkward lay outs. Besides that though so far everything has been great.


I have owned the Samsung Z Fold 3, 4, and 5. There were so few substantial changes in those releases that I sold the Z Fold 5 within three months of ownership. I never enjoyed using the outer screen for anything, especially if I needed to enter data, because it was too narrow. The cameras were too much of a downgrade from their S-series phones. Although they had pen support, carrying one required a thicker case on an already large and heavy phone. I wear pants with large pockets, but the long skinny foldable would occasionally fall out while sitting down.While the Z Fold interface can be very good, there were too many duplicated apps that added little additional functionality, including their voice assistant. This unnecessarily increased overall complexity when using the phone.I also purchased the S24 Ultra with AI built in, but only for the Samsung apps. 

Since I don't use their browser, voice assistant, messaging, or mail I didn't have access to much AI on that phone. Plus, I had become accustomed to the larger inside screen and missed that part of the foldable experience. I then tried the Pixel Fold, but did not like its inability to easily lay flat, many apps did not display correctly on the large inside screen, it had heat issues when doing everyday things, and Google's pitiful history of pixel phone support (I have owned several early Pixel phones). I loved the outer screen aspect much better than the Z Fold.I read several reviews for the OnePlus Open that were so good I purchased one and these are my notes so far.The outer screen is the perfect height and width for typing with my larger thumbs.face unlock is more accurate and faster.it is lighter than the Z Fold and much lighter than the Pixel Fold. it charges in 42 minutes from 0%, so I do not miss or need wireless charging.its larger battery lasts longer than the Z Fold 5.  while I am not a phone camera expert, my pictures are noticably better. the interface is much simpler and streamlined with minimal app duplication.I am surprised how much I like their Open Canvas multi-tasking implementation.the crease on the phone is much closer to being invisible than all Z Folds or the Pixel Fold. not water or dust proof, just splash resistant not a wide selection of good cases.