Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet, 10.1", 1080p Full HD, 32 GB, (2021 release), Black, without lockscreen ads.

Fast and responsive : powerful octa-core processor and 3 GB RAM. 50% more RAM than previous generation. Long-lasting 12-hour battery and 32 or 64 GB internal storage. Add up to 1 TB with microSD (sold separately). Brighter display - Vivid 10.1" 1080p Full HD display is 10% brighter than previous generation, with more than 2 million pixels. Fire HD 10 is almost 20% brighter than Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2022). Enjoy your favorite apps like Netflix, Facebook, Hulu, Instagram, TikTok, and more through Amazon’s Appstore (Google Play not supported. Subscription for some apps required). Stay connected - Download apps like Zoom, or ask Alexa to make video calls to friends and family. Get more done – Check email, update shopping lists, and set reminders. Use your favorite apps like Microsoft Office, OneNote, and Dropbox. Hands-free with Alexa, including on/off toggle.


Thinner and lighter than previous generation. Screen made with strengthened aluminosilicate glass. As measured in a tumble test, Fire HD 10 is twice as durable as durable as Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2022).
Split screen – All-new feature for Fire OS that shows two compatible apps, like Facebook Messenger and Prime Video, open side by side for easy multitasking. 

Bright, fast, and responsive
Vivid Full HD with more than 2 million pixels, immersive Dolby Atmos, and a 10% brighter display make movies, TV episodes, games, apps, ebooks, and songs look and sound amazing.

Great for on-the-go
Enjoy up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web over wifi, watching videos, and listening to music from anywhere. Power back up via the USB-C (2.0) port. Amazon engineers Fire tablets to hold up against everyday life. As measured in tumble tests, Fire HD 10 is 1.7x more durable than the latest iPad 10.2. Screen made with strengthened aluminosilicate glass.

Ready for downtime anytime
Widescreen entertainment Vivid Full HD with more than 2 million pixels, and a 10% brighter display make movies, TV episodes, games, apps, ebooks, and songs look and sound amazing.

Watch anywhere
Stream over wifi or download from Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, and others (subscription for some apps required). Listen via built-in speakers or connect using Bluetooth or the headphone jack.

Alexa is happy to help

Just ask
Alexa connects you to the information, entertainment, and people who matter most—with just your voice. Ask to play videos and music, open apps, make calls or send messages, check the weather, access compatible smart home devices, and more. Just say “Alexa” to get started, even when the tablet screen is on standby.

Your privacy is important
Alexa and Fire HD 10 are designed to protect your privacy. For example, you can view and delete your voice recordings or use the Alexa Hands-Free Mode on/off toggle anytime.

Screen time is now family time

Discover Amazon Kids
Parents can create child profiles to limit screen time, set educational goals, and manage content with easy-to-use parental controls. Enjoy for free or subscribe to get more. Amazon Kids is free on every Fire tablet. Or subscribe to Amazon Kids+ to access more than 20,000 kid-friendly titles.
Every day is an earth day You don’t have to be an environmental scientist to make sustainable choices. We considered sustainability in the design of this Fire tablet.

Materials
28% post-consumer recycled plastics in tablet
Packaging
Device Packaging

96% of this tablet's packaging is made of wood fiber-based materials from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources.
Energy Efficiency (Battery Powered Devices)
Energy Efficiency

This tablet was designed for improved energy efficiency, earning the ENERGY STAR certification. Enjoy this tablet with up to 12 hours of battery life.
Trade-In or Recycle
Part With Purpose

There may come a time when you want to trade in or recycle your tablet. Explore options with Amazon Second Chance. I use this for reading books. I do not do email, I do not browse the net, I read books. I think this is my fourth or fifth Kindle. I dropped my last one and cracked the screen about two years ago and I kept on reading books until it just died on day and refused to turn on. I set up many of the other capabilities on that kindle. I could browse the net, but I never did. I could read email, but I never did. I took one picture with my old kindle, but the camera was so poor compared to my phone that I never took another. I did one thing that I think was well worth the $15 that it cost. I bought the kindle without the annoying ads that popped up every time I turned on the kindle. Now I just open the book I am reading without those annoying extra seconds. In fact, I am going to post this, go to bed and read for twenty minutes, close the cover on the kindle and sleep. I think this is a great buy if you intend to use only Amazon application. It is a little bit of work, to install other apps though if you intend to use it as a fully functional tablet. There are a lot of tutorials out there to help you with this though. Most of my other family members have Ipads or Samsung Tablets, and the screen quality on this particular device is amazing. I do have a few issues with the tablet. I'm not sure if it was some of the software that I've downloaded or if it was just the initial software on the tablet. The touch screen is a little laggy, and I've done a lot of double-clicking on stuff when I didn't think the initial click didn't do anything. The battery has acted up. I get a full day sometimes, and then other times it drains within a few hours. This is while doing the same thing. I understand that streaming would eat up more battery life than say reading an article or a book. I also had an issue with the software that shows the battery life; showed 77 percent after two days with frequent use. Other times it showed it had 77 percent an hour later shows only 20 percent left with the same kind of usage. There have been two occasions that it died after 2 hours of streaming movies/videos from full battery life. 

My phone is better than that; Samsung Galaxy Note 10. After close to 6 hard resets, it seems like the battery software is finally working. Hoping that it will continue to work. I also hope that the battery will not drain so dramatically with the fact that the battery life software is working again. This particular issue could just be with my particular fire tablet. With these issues resolved, my overall opinion of this tablet is that it is a good deal. I took advantage of Prime Day deals to trade in my 7" Fire, bought 5 years ago, and upgrade to a 10" HD Fire Tablet. I paid extra for one with no advertising, and it was well worth it. I also bought a bluetooth keyboard w/case and a mini SD card for extra storage. Now I have a great little laptop for a fraction of the cost to replace my old one, and I don't have to deal with Windows freezing up all the time. This 10" Fire Tablet does everything I need it to do. Its light and compact to fit in my work bag. Its fast for internet browsing, and the home screen is not cluttered with apps I don't use. The screen is bigger for watching movies and reading Kindle books. Something I've been doing quite a bit this year. It came with Office. So I can write notes, recipes, and keep track of expenses. The only problem I've had with it was in the beginning setting up the wireless connection. I went through all the steps over and over with no luck. I called customer service. They sent out a replacement, same connectivity issue. So I called my internet provider, AT&T. They said it was a common problem with new electronics and were able to resolve the issue in seconds. Overall I am very happy with this tablet.
I love the amazon fire tablet so much that I ordered 3. I got a 10.1" and two 7" for my kids. These tablets never freeze. The battery life is decent.. depending on how much you use it. For the 10.1 inch, I ordered the Amazon Kid-Proof Case for Fire HD 10 tablet (Only compatible with 11th generation tablet, 2021 release) – Aquamarine. It fits perfectly. For both tablets, I decided to get a wall charger and it works beautifully.... USB Charger, Anker Elite Dual Port 24W Wall Charger, PowerPort 2 with PowerIQ and Foldable Plug, for iPhone 11/Xs/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/6/Plus, iPad Pro/Air 2/Mini 3/Mini 4, Samsung S4/S5, and More. As you can see in the picture, I used a hook on the sensory board to attach the larger tablet.