DRESSTELLS Women Vintage 1950s Cocktail Prom Dress Retro Halter Wedding Party Pinup Swing Dress.

Vintage Cocktail Prom Dress This 50s retro rockabilly swing dress is perfect for party celebration, which will help you balance your weekend fun and trendy needs. A-line shape, sweetheart neckline, knee length, decorative belt - all these designs are for your vintage pinup style. Retro Wedding Party Dress] Sleeveless halter neck design will flatter your neckline. Unique back design makes you look more sexy! Cute belt will modify you waist! This pinup halter polka dot dress will be the perfect choice for your next 2024 spring summer formal, semi-formal and casual event. 1950s Dress for Women] Suitable for all ladies, but also as a junior dress for teen. this fit flare vintage halter dress is a must-have. This audrey hepburn short dress is ideal as cocktail dress, tea party dress, evening dress, prom dress, valentine's day dress, easter dress, wedding guest dress, bridesmaid dress, formal dress, graduation dress, birthday dress and casual dress. Size Tips] DRESSTELLS 50s style aline swing dress has provided you with detailed size advice on height and weight. Please do refer to the Dresstells size chart before placing your order.

Fabric type

98% Cotton, 65% Elastane

Care instructions

Hand Wash Only

Origin

Imported

Closure type

 Elastic.



I love this dress. Ok let's start with some size information, as that is always highly important and useful. I am 5 feet 0 inches. 165 pounds, 36" chest, and even bigger in the butt, so i am chunky, and curvy. I read other reviews and decided to get the Large. In my opinion, this is a perfect fit for me, because it's snug, and molds all my curves, and believe me, there are curves that need hugged. So let me just say this. When i tried it on, my husband saw me in this dress, and literally stripped it off me, and romantically tackled me to the floor, for a session of afternoon delight, as it was his day off. So it's a worthwhile investment, no? Unless you don't want your husband doing that, as it can be rather annoying having them underfoot around the house. Get back to work, husband. The fabric feels like cotton, that has an element of stretch to it, (maybe a touch of lycra in there) which is great, that's why it fits so nice and snugly. On the back, at the top, there is elasticasted shirring, which has some nice lace up ribbon over the top, but that's just decorative, and doesn't serve any purpose, than to sit and look pretty. The satin belt, lace up ribbon at the back, and satin halter are a nice touch, but i have a lovely wide elasticated belt i plan to wear with mine. There is also a concealed zipper running down the side. The quality is really good for the price, and i will order other patterns later. I bought the white, with cherries on this occasion, and it's gonna be my go-to summer dress. I did order the flouncy, bushy petticoat, but it looks stupid on me, quite frankly, as i am just too plump. It makes me look even fatter, so i'm fine with wearing my dress without the added flounce. I have this really annoying sticking-out booty (a medical condition called hyperlordosis) and it always makes skirts shorter at the back, and it was more pronounced with the bushy petticoats, so i'll hang it up till i'm skinny. I don't know tha i looked very retro, pinup in it, as I had hoped, but i didn't have make-up, or heels on, when i tried it on, and i dare say if i was gonna go the whole hog, and do the hair, make up etc, i could achieve success. But the dress itself is awesome, and i thoroughly recommend it, though you should read reviews, as it helps with sizing. I ordered the Kelly green in a 3x, because I wanted to make sure it would fit (can always make things smaller; can't always make things bigger). Soft, slightly stretchy, light material; lays and flows nicely, BEAUTIFULLY stitched and designed. 

The FIT is amazing I'm size 18, 38-40DD with broad shoulders, and have always had issues with clothing, especially dresses (as in, if it fits thru bust/back/shoulders, the bottom is like a tent).The lacing on the back allows for snugging up the waist under the breast, helping to accentuate/accommodate curves and give an hourglass effect. I'm gonna make the call at "true-to-size", especially due to the elastic panel and lacing on the back of the bodice. It's short-waisted, but then, so am I, so that's OK with me...almost gives an empire waist effect, which works with the full skirt. The belt is a nice satin piece that's removable, so you can wear it with/without or choose something else. Personally, I am planning to use the belt to widen the straps at shoulders, and to bring the halter down to the back like regular/bra-type straps. Being so large chested with spine issues, I can't tolerate anything hanging on my neck (like he weight of large breasts lol); I also absolutely hate strapless undergarments, so I improvise. I will definitely be able to wear a demi bra and open bust body shaper underneath for amazing effect once the straps are adjusted. As I'm only 5'2", it falls past my knee, upper to mid-calf, which I'm perfectly fine with. I ordered a crinoline/petticoat to try under it to see if that will enhance an hourglass shape or not ;) I can't rave enough about this dress, tho. It fits like a dreams, feels wonderful on, looks like a much thicker/heavier material (deceptively light, which is a great thing for those of us who are always warm ;) ), the color is gorgeous, and the piece is beautifully made. Doesn't look "costume-y" at all, either. It simply looks like a lovely little cocktail dress. I plan on wearing it at a formal event with a black lace bolero. Love it, ladies  It'd be perfect for any retro/50's/rockabilly/swing type costume...or even for a special evening out.

See more: