FURINNO Turn-N-Tube Space Saving, Corner Desk, Espresso/Black.

Utilize your corner space with this multipurpose corner Desk. It is very convenient to move around and also a perfect solution for cluttered home. The corner Desk is multifunctional as it can also be used as a corner display shelf. It has 2 shelves providing ample storage space and help organizing loose stuff or displaying decorations. Its simple stylish design fits most home and blend in well with other styles. One of the best things about the corner Desk is that it is very easy to assemble and disassemble when you move. You do not need any tools for the assembly. Just follow the assembly instruction By turning and twisting the poles against the panels and you will have the desk ready in no time. Assembly instructions are revised repeatedly to ensure that it is clear to read, simple to understand and safe to work. Care instruction: wipe clean with clean damped cloth and avoid using harsh chemical to prevent damage to the furniture. All the pictures are for illustration purposes only; decor items are not included in the set.

Assembled Dimension: 22.5 (W) x 28.5 (H) x 22.5 (D) inches

Don't even bother to buy this desk if you don't have a tool set. I'd recommend using a power tool... otherwise, you're in for hell. Several hours of pure and utter misery. I hated everything about putting this desk together. With that said, the instructions were fairly clear, and included helpful pictures. All the necessary pieces were in separate bags and clearly labelled. There were a few pieces I didn't know how to use, but the instructions had me covered, so as far as it goes, I think that part was very well done.I just wish someone would have warned me before I bought it that I'd need tools I didn't have... one screw driver simply is not enough to make this a doable task. It took HOURS and my wrists were killing me by the time I was done. All the same, once the desk was finally put together, it's held itself together well. The pieces are all made out of pressboard, so it's not the most durable thing. I wouldn't put anything too heavy on it, like a desk computer would be a no go if you ask me. A laptop and some books, however, are no problem for this little desk. I've used it for drawing, which results in me leaning heavily on the desk, and I've even fallen asleep at it a time or two, so as far as pressboard goes, it's pretty durable. Plus, it's so lightweight that you can just pick it up and move it any time you want, which is very convenient to me as someone who likes to spontaneously rearrange my room every time the whim hits me. I also move a lot, and my bedroom is on the second floor, so whenever I inevitably have to move everything down the staircase to leave... I'm going to be really glad that I got a desk which weighs next to nothing. This would be a great desk for a college dorm, for that reason. By the way, I want to warn you that this desk is very little. It's a small desk for petite people. 

I daresay that if my sister got this desk, she'd be unable to use it because she's quite a bit taller than me. Nevermind that she wouldn't have leg space, she'd be hunching over it to the point that if she ever used it, she'd wind up with back pain. I'm a tiny little five foot two, hundred pound girl. I fit perfectly at this desk, but if you're not a small person or a child, it will feel cramped to you, guaranteed. Also, be careful about what chair you buy. If the chair is too tall, or the arms too long, you won't be able to sit comfortably at the desk. Pay attention to those measurements. As near as I can tell, the measurements for everything on the desk- including its size when it's built- are accurate. So, before you buy a chair to go with the desk, or buy the desk to go with your chair, I suggest that you make sure they'll fit together like two pieces of a very satisfying puzzle. Overall, it was a pain to put together, but it would have been very easy if I'd had everything I needed beforehand. It serves its purpose well, doesn't take up much space, and it looks pretty nice. Not to say it looks like a full, fancy desk, but it doesn't look cheap either. It's simply a modest desk. For the price- at least when you compare it to most other desks on the market- I'd say this was well worth it. Let me start off with some background. My wife adopted a little girl which meant we were losing the full use of second bedroom of our two bedroom apartment. This was traditionally our shared office space/junk room. 

With the repurposing of that room, we got rid of our desks and had to integrate our workspace into the living room. My wife got a nice ikea desk but I decided to go deskless and just use a lap tray for my laptop. This didn't last long. I needed a place for stationary and to serve as my at-home base of operations. The only space not dedicated to baby stuff was a small section beside our couch where our end tables had been relegated. I was glad to see this desk fit that space perfectly. Pros: Cheap. This desk was not only cheaper than the alternatives at target and wal-mart, but the rounded shelves gave it a nicer look. Not to mention, it was two fewer sharp corners in an increasingly baby proofed home.

Easy assembly. If you've put together anything from ikea, this should pose no challenge.


Brand Furinno

Product Dimensions 22.5"D x 31.1"W x 28.5"H

Color Espresso/Black

Style Corner

Base Material Particle Board/Chipboard, Manufactured Wood

Finish Type Laminated

Special Feature Reversible, Ergonomic, Lightweight, Durable, Compact

Room Type Office, Dormitory, Bedroom, Living Room, Study Room

Recommended Uses For Product Working, Drafting, Writing, Displaying

Mounting Type Freestanding.

Manufactured from Wood

    Simple stylish corner Desk with Espresso Finish

    Fully utilize corner space with the 2-shelf multipurpose corner Desk

    Provide ample space for storage organization and display

    Easy no tools assembly with provided parts and clear assembly instructions

    Product Dimensions- 22 L x 31.1 W x 28.7 H inches

Cons: Pieces aren't very well labeled, but there are so few you shouldn't really need the labels. I like the fact that I don't have big ugly letter stickers on each piece. The piece letter is stenciled onto the unfinished edge but it isn't very clear. You're better off just comparing the pieces to the instructions. Also, the finish was worn off of the edge of my shelves when they arrived. I would complain, but the desk was super cheap and I just touched up the worn spots with a sharpie, end of crisis.

Regarding other complaints:

Screw holes not fully drilled  right, because it is particle board. Even without the pre-drilled holes screws work into the "wood" easily, if the holes were drilled too deeply, the screws wouldn't take. I found the whole screw situation pretty well done. The whole unit comes together using a series of dowels, cam locking bolts and a few screws. Desk is wobbly on carpet - I misunderstood this at first. When I read that people found the desk wobbly I thought they were referring to the construction of the desk itself. After assembly, I noted how solid it felt. When I put it on the carpet, however, I realized what people meant. On the carpet, it sometimes appears as though the whole thing might tip over. However, this is because it is so narrow relative to its height. Mine stabilized once I put things onto it and had it pushed up against the side of the couch. If you have it against a wall, just anchor it. If you are using it on a hard surface, it won't even need that. Space - the dimensions are clearly listed. The desktop comfortably fits a 19" laptop, mouse, a desk lamp and space to charge up my phone. If you are unsure, measure your stuff and see if it will fit before ordering.I never expected to get a super expensive desk on the cheap. I wanted something that fit into a small space within some very specific dimensions (which this did). If it wobbled, I stabilized it. If something didn't fit, I made it fit. If there was a scuff, I touched it up. For $50 I expected exactly what was described, not a turnkey solution in a box. The desk isn't perfect. But I think it is still worth the $50 depending upon your needs.

See more: