LG 16MR70.ASDU1 16” Gram +View IPS Protable Monitor, Silver.

With the new LG gram +view,1 portable monitor, you add the extra versatility of a second screen to help you see more, to get things done, and collaborate with others wherever you are. Use our expansive 16" portable monitor alongside your laptop as an extension of your screen capabilities. Featuring a 16:10 display, the LG gram + view portable monitor Is designed to help you stay productive throughout the day. No matter the lighting, work without disruption with a 16” non-reflective IPS display and a DCI-P3 99% color gamut that brings brilliant color to life. Wherever you go, you can set up an optimized work station with a second screen for your laptop. Weighing in at under a pound and a half, LG gram +view is easy to stow and carry wherever your work takes you. With the included LG gram +view cover, enjoy both horizontal and vertical views with the auto pivot feature. The lightweight and versatile LG gram +view makes it easy to share a screen and work efficiently and collaborate wherever you are. Easily connect the LG gram +view to a laptop via the included USB Type C cable for a two screen setup. The LG Switch app5 offers intuitive controls to manage on screen functions. Easily set up split screens for multitasking, or make adjustments to brightness, contrast, and sharpness, or even set hotkeys to launch video calls all from the LG Switch app.

Brand LG

Screen Size 16

Resolution QXGA Wide

Aspect Ratio 16:10

Screen Surface Description Glossy.

Standing screen display size 16

Screen Resolution 2560x1600

Max Screen Resolution 2560 x 1600

Other Technical Details

Brand LG

Series 16MR70.ASDU1

Item model number ?16MR70.ASDU1

Item Weight 1.45 pounds

Product Dimensions ?0.32 x 14.17 x 9.66 inches

Item Dimensions LxWxH ?0.32 x 14.17 x 9.66 inches

Color Silver

Manufacturer LG


Bought this to take with me when I work and travel and it is incredible. It was a bit trick to figure out the stand, but once you get it, it's easy. Tip: see where the magnet connects to the back of the display on the side and the bottom, and then you'll get a feel for it. Only took a couple tries and now I get it propped up seamlessly. It's super light and the display is really crisp. The only thing that would make it better is if it supported a higher refresh rate than 60hz, but that wasn't my intended use, so I'm happy with it. I bought this because it was recommended by the New York Times Wirecutters. I had some concerns about my 2024 Macbook Air M2 not displaying correctly on this portable display, because of Apple's Retina display scaling that can render text and images fuzzy on non-Apple displays, but I am beyond impressed with the picture quality on this display using my M2 Air with the default USB C cable the display came with. The color and clarity are fantastic. (Check out the Wirecutters article "The Best Portable Monitor," By Dave Gershgorn, Updated May 12, 2023, for more details about Mac fuzziness and a possible fix if you have this experience.) The resolution settings defaulted to 1280x800 (image/text were still nice at crisp at this resolution) but that was easy enough to change in my display settings. I just had to go into Display settings, select the external monitor, turn on the "See All Resolutions" settings to show all possible resolutions. 

The text is a little too small when the display is set to 2000x1600, but it's just right for my eyes on 1920x1200. Putting this here in case it's helpful to someone else. Annoyingly, the resolution seems to reset whenever I reboot my laptop... but that's a Mac issue, not a problem with the monitor. Setting the display to portrait (vertical) orientation using a Mac was super easy. Just go into the Display settings, click on the external display, and look for the Rotation setting. Set this to 90° and you're done. I was also concerned about my M2 Air not powering this portable display adequately, but digging around for the wattage requirements gave me hope. (This display requires USB PD with 7.5W.) I plugged the display into my Air and it powered up flawlessly, though that's using the burly USB C cable the display came with. Not sure if it will work with a different USB C cable... that's a test for another day. Not a super fan of the weird magnetic stand/cover hybrid, which does not feel terribly stable, but the display is so lightweight it doesn't stress the magnet at all. Still, I'll potentially hang it on the wall over my laptop instead. I do appreciate the two USB C ports and the brightness button. Would be nice if the button also controlled contrast, color, etc, as it seems that you need special Windows software to control all of that. Womp womp. But other than this one caveat, I've very happy with my purchase. It's a pretty sweet display. It's much more expensive than the others I considered, such as the ASUS ZenScreen MB16ACV, which was also mentioned in Wirecutters. 

If you're looking for a cheaper option, check that one out... but I couldn't find any clear details on how well it would work with a Mac, which is why I ended up buying this LG model.I bought this for my Chromebook to have two monitors, and it was plug-and-play. It also works with my MS Surface and MacBook! It has amazing clarity and size with great detail, and it is perfect for working remotely in my RV and vacation hotel rooms. I bought a second one for my partner because he had to have one for working remotely as well. I also can't believe how light this is! It added almost no more weight to my computer carry bag.