Leick Home 82420 Mission Writing Computer Desk, Drop Leaf Folding Top, Made with Solid Wood, for Home Office Workstation, Mission Oak Finish.

Solid Wood Construction: With sturdy solid wood construction, you will have this drop leaf computer desk for years to come. Drop Leaf Folding Computer Desk: Measuring 32 inches L x 22 inches D x 30 inches H, it is the perfect compact scale for condo/apartment sized spaces. Authentic Mission Design: Classic mission oak finish corner desk slatted elements and blackened hardware for authentic appeal Match Any Style: This Mission style computer desk can work in many home design aesthetics including traditional, arts and crafts, and contemporary. Easy Assembly: Pre-assembled drawer designed for a quick and seamless set-up. Buy with Confidence: Customer satisfaction has been our priority for 150 years; with our 1-Year limited warranty, you can rest assured your purchase is risk-free The Leick Home Drop Leaf Folding Computer Desk provides a small space solution for any home office, bedroom, or crafting area. This Mission-design desk finished in mission oak is crafted from solid wood for authentic styling and long-lasting use. The drop-down front presents the keyboard at a comfortable work height while full extension drawer glides offer the full depth of the drawer as a usable space perfect for laptops or to hide away papers or a desktop keyboard. 

Drop leaves are at the ready to extend for extra work surface when you need it. Easy to assemble with pre-assembled drawer. Designed and manufactured by Leick Home, the trusted source for quality home furnishings for every taste and budget. Very nice quality, solid desk. It holds two 24" monitors comfortably, and looks good at the same time. It came in three pieces, and was easy to assemble. The drawer is a little narrow for a regular sized keyboard and a mouse, so I use the mouse on the desk surface. You could get a small keyboard and both would fit in the drawer just fine. I have to work from a lot and this desk is absolutely wonderful to work upon. It is heavy and sturdy and does not feel flimsy like some of the other computer desks. The dimensions are prefect to use it as a computer desk with multiple monitors or as a study table to read/write comfortably.(or both at the same time). It is deep enough that your legs won't keep banging the wall/surface on the other end unless you are really try to do so. It is larger than most computer desks available here on amazon so check the dimensions before buying and the package it comes in is really heavy and may require two people to move. This writing desk is a very nice piece of furniture! It is well crafted with a flawless finish that one wouldn't expect at this price without have at least 40% MDF. It assembled quickly, was very well packaged and arrived undamaged in any respect. This compares favourably with items of furniture that were 5 times its price that I have purchased in past, and this piece will fit in very well. Its real furniture, not warehouse or box store throw away, I can see having it for many years and pass it to another generation due to its timeless design! Very impressed! will purchase from LEICK Boulder creek again, and hope they increase their furniture options on Amazon. I waited a year and a half before buying this desk as I was waiting for the price to drop. Now that I have it, I am delighted with it. Very well made and easy to assemble the two side panels that form the "legs" of the desk. The colour and finish are top quality.

Brand     Leick Home
Product Dimensions     22"D x 47.56"W x 30"H
Color     Mission Oak
Style     Drop Leaf
Base Material     Metal
Finish Type     Wood
Special Feature     Compact
Room Type     Office, Dormitory, Living Room, Bedroom
Recommended Uses For Product     Writing, Gaming
Mounting Type     found in image


The assembly instructions left much to be desired as no mention was made of ensuring that the glides which support the drop-leaf sides needed to be pulled out before the side panels were attached. This meant we had to unassemble everything in order to pull out the glides ( there is a wood pin perpendicular to front end of each glide bar that made it impossible to slide out when the side panels were attached). This information should definitely have been included in the instructions. The desk arrived well packaged and protected and there was no damage even though the shipper managed to punch two sizeable holes through the cardboard box. This is a great desk. It looks just like the images provided by Amazon. It is substantial and sturdy, and very easy to assemble. You just attach the legs with bolts using the allen wrench provided in the hardware pack. The desk is better than much higher priced products I have seen. I especially like the size, stain color and the drawer pull hardware. A few things to consider if you are buying this desk. First, when you unpack the box, before throwing away all the packing materials check carefully for loose small screws. One of my drawer hardware screws was loose in the box and I almost threw it way. It was easy to just screw it back in on the hinge that lets the drawer face drop down for keyboard access. Second, don't force the box of legs out of the drawer when unpacking them or you will probably damaged the drawer slides. Third, the desk top is particle board covered with vaneer. There is solid hardwood trim along the sides and the front edges but along the back edge there is just a strip of vaneer. The desk is pretty heavy so it gets knocked around during shipping and this unprotected vaneer along the back edge can be easily damaged. My desk arrived with a small chunk of the back edge, particle board and top vaneer broken away. 

I knew this might happen from other reviews and with a little stain it isn't noticable along the back since I have the unit up against a wall. If you are going to have the back exposed I would recommend that you plan for possibly having to repair minor shipping damage. It would be very easy to patch with wood dough or to attach a strip of small hardwood corner trim stained to match along the back edge. With the low price, great look and sturdy functioning of the desk, it would be a small inconvenience. If like me you are putting it up against a wall, just plan to touch up the back with stain or even those furniture scratch repair pens. Needed a small-ish desk for my kitchen area. This one is just right. Not too big & not too small. Fits my monitor, Mac mini, keyboard & still plenty of room left over for work area. The drawer is very helpful. Holds a lot more than I expected. Since my keyboard is wireless, I don't use the drop down feature but, it's there if you want it! I prefer the storage. The finish is attractive & stylish. It was super easy to put together and feels very sturdy. I am extremely pleased with this desk. What you see in the pictures is what you get. The desk has a solid build and clean presentation. No, it's not assembled from solid oak planks, but it also doesn't cost $600. I don't have the woodworking expertise to tell you much about all the negative reviews, but I did spend my 20s limping from one Sauder to the next. This product is substantially better than anything I've ever gotten in its price range. What I look for is obvious places for a stick-on veneer to start peeling or unsound structural joins. This desk has neither. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that you do not simply turn screws into wood. Leick has sunk metal anchors into the wood (picture attached). As the material says, this desk is very easy to assemble. As a 6' tall, 220 pound guy, I had little troubles assembling it myself. Bless the person that decided that every customer-installed bolt should be exactly the same size. There are only two steps (depending on how you count steps, of course), but essentially you start with the unit upside down, attach the three sides, then attach the floor shelf. 

When I was looking at the directions, my prediction was that flipping the unit back to its upright position would be the hardest part, and that turned out to be true. In that second step, you need to manually suspend the shelf while attaching it to the legs. Since this desk has no visible exterior bolts, this attachment is done from the inside out. If that's not making sense, picture your typical Sauder-type furniture: there's a hole in the outer shell and you stick a screw through that and into the inside piece. Conversely, the Leick furniture has a hole on the inner piece and you stick a bolt through that into an anchor on the back/interior side of the outer shell. So, with the Sauder-style, you can sit on the floor, hold the suspended piece with one hand while driving straight in from the outside. With this piece, you can sit on the floor and hold the shelf up, but then you won't be able to see what you're doing. And, since it's a metal screw (no pointy end), it takes a bit more guesswork to blindly guide it into the anchor than a wood screw. After a bit of trying to get a screw into the center/rear leg, I decided instead to thread into one of the side legs. That was easier. As soon as I had the first bolt set, the rest was a snap. Reading back over that, I made it sound worse than it was. I don't think that I spent more than a couple of minutes total on the lower shelf. 

If you're much smaller than I am, though, get some help. Two people of any size working together will have no problems assembling this unit. As other reviews have stated, this unit is a bit small for a 6' person to use as a computer desk. I adapted very quickly, though. The drawer is too small to use for a keyboard and mouse and for someone of my height, it's too low anyway. It's true that you can't get a chair with arms adjusted for a 6' person under the desk, but I don't know what's a problem (rolling the chair under at night?). My elbows are resting on my chair arms and I'm typing comfortably. Leg room is OK. If I sit with my knees bent at the ergonomically-correct 90-degree angle, the top of my legs just barely make contact with the bottom of the desk. Not nearly enough to bother me. As I shift during a normal work day, I have no problems. I occasionally bump up against that lower shelf, but that hasn't been any big deal either. I think this unit would be ideal as a writing desk for someone of my height, but as a computer desk I think it would be better suited to someone a few inches shorter. If you're in that 6' range like I am, then you're already accustomed to a world designed for someone a few inches shorter, so it's about what you expect. If you're much taller than I am, I would look for something else.

See more: